- Product Trial
The Professional Services department at Deep Web Technologies is extending its Account Management efforts to assist our customers in getting the most out of their Explorit Everywhere! (EE!) service. As with most any software service, it is possible to use its basic features easily, and EE! is no exception. Everyone who has EE! can do searches, review results, and create alerts with ease. But, we also all know that to really get the most out of any technology, it needs to become part of our habits. And for EE! that means having it available where you need it whenever you have a question or an information need. After all, while Google has become a habit for many, EE!, with its high quality, authoritative, and often expensive sources purchased by our customers for their users, needs to be that habit for those information needs and questions that Google can’t easily answer.
Explorit Everywhere! has several features that can help customers integrate their search application into their website. That way it’s there for their users wherever they need it. And folks at DWT want to help. Three quick and easy ways to better integrate your EE! searcher include:
- Add a link to your EE! Quick Search or Advanced Search page from a menu, icon, or text on different pages on your website.
- Integrate the EE! Quick Search Widget box on any website page, which will allow users to search from where they are. Then a new browser window or tab will open with the results. The widget is part of every EE! application.
- If your organization has specialized departments or research groups, then we recommend they use Search Builder. The Explorit Everywhere! Search Builder feature, available through the EE! menu and requiring an account, allows a department admin, research lead, or any faculty to create a search widget specific to their group’s information needs by selecting databases and search fields specific for that group. Then that tailored search widget can be placed on any web page. See how one of our customers, University of the Arts, London integrated Search Builder into their Lib Guide Subject pages.
Another part of DWT’s Account Management campaign is to help our customers fine-tune their Explorit
Everywhere! service so that the quality of results meets their users’ needs. As we all know, while there are hundreds, if not, thousands of information databases, they all perform differently and provide a wide range of data. And the advantage of EE! is its ability to bring all those results from multiple databases together. So, given that your databases may be a combination of medical, news, journals, or other informational websites, we can help you tune your application so your searches display the most meaningful data.
In the coming months, here are a couple of different things we will be doing behind-the-scenes to make your EE! searcher work better for your users:
- We recently added the means to fine-tune how the first page of results are generated. As part of our Account Management services, we will be reviewing your EE! service to ensure that those first results are the highest ranking results.
- In addition to our daily monitoring of your connectors to make sure they are working, we will be doing periodical reviews to make sure we are optimizing them for quality results. Sources often add new search fields and new results data. For example, we have been incorporating the ability to search using journal DOI or PubMed ID numbers in the Full Record field in EE!, which includes the Quick Search box. Our goal is to make sure your EE! service makes the most of the source.
Lastly, we will be asking our customers to fill out a short survey to facilitate more discussion so we can better understand how to help make Explorit Everywhere! be the best service possible. We also look forward to having more conference calls with our customers. Ultimately, we want our customers’ users to best use EE! to fulfill their information needs.